DROPS Alpaca wool was lovely to work with. Who can resist the cute alpaca face on the lable.
- 2 balls of Drops Alpaca wool 50g. (4ply for socks!)
- 2.5mm double pointed needles
- Contast yarn 4ply. Only small amount required.
- Cast on 60 st
- Divide stitches evenly between 4 needles.
- K2 P2 for whole row. Repeat untill cuff measures 3.5cm
- Knit three rows
- Start colour work Chart A
- Once colourwork complete knit 6cm untill you add in a contrast wool for an afterthrought heal.
- Knit body of foot for 12cm for small size five or 13 cm for size 6. (Allow length of foot minus the 8 - 10cm the heal and toe will provide)
- Toe decreases as follows ; dec 4 stitches at side seam 1st round. Knit 3 rounds. Then reduce 4 stitches at side seam 1 round.
- Knit 2 rounds then dec 4 stiches on next round. Repeat twice
- Knit 1 round then decrease 4 stitches on next round. Repeat three times.
- Decrease 4 stitches on every round untill 16 stitches remain. Finish with kitchener stitch.
- Feed needles though stitch loops along constrast tread untill 60 stitches picked up. Spread evenly umong 4 needles. Work heal as toe decreases.
Jargon busting : Knitting on double point needles (dpn, dpns )